Oven Roasted Asparagus
This is a Pioneer Woman recipe... delicious just the way it is!
1 bunch Asparagus
4 Tablespoons (up To 5 Tablespoons) Olive Oil
Kosher Salt To Taste
Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- After you wash the asparagus thoroughly, stack a bunch together and lop off the tough/thick bottom an inch or so.
- Spread out the asparagus in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Pat it as dry as you can, as you don’t want any water to “steam” the asparagus in the oven.
- Begin by generously drizzling olive oil all over the asparagus and then sprinkle the asparagus generously with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Roast the asparagus for about ten minutes. The secret here is for the oven to be very hot so the asparagus can begin to brown on the outside without overcooking and getting too flimsy. You want the finished asparagus to still have a bite to it.