Carrie's Chicken Enchiladas
When daughter Carrie announced that she "loved" enchiladas, Charlotte created this recipe for her.
- 1 roasted chicken, cut into bite-size pieces (approximately 3-4 cups)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 can chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 3-4 cups grated Tex Mex cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoon Tex-Mex seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 tortilla shells
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Saute onion. Add remaining ingredients, but only half of the cheese.
3. Spoon into tortilla shells. Roll up and place in baking dish.
4. Cover with remaining cheese; or
5. If preferred, place ½ cup of salsa in the bottom of the pan, and spoon the remainder over the enchiladas prior to adding cheese.
6. Bake, covered for 30 minutes.
* These can be frozen, unbaked. Thaw before cooking.